If you are going to add a new bathroom or remodel an existing one in your home due to particular handicap needs. Anyhow, there are some distinct bathroom designs that can be specifically constructed for the handicapped that are both practical and aesthetically pleasing.
Here are some basic considerations you must concern before building the handicap bathroom.
# Require some turning space
A single wheelchair must rotate freely inside a bathroom.
# Have no barrier!
Handicap bathroom designs should be built without barrier, walls or framed in sections, and uneven flooring areas. Sinks are generally wall mounted that will allow anyone in a wheelchair or other type of mobility aid to access easily.
# Install handicap bathroom accessories
Installing grab bars around sinks, toilet, and the shower area or bathtub is the most basic of needs. To add a seat in the bath area is a very good idea as well.
Images of Other Bathroom Designs
Possibly Related Posts:
- Cool off Your Stress with Above Ground Pools
- Make the Most of Nature’s Offers by Availing a Nature-Inspired Bathroom Design
- Some Tips for Bathroom Design Projects
- How to Come up with a Good House Design
- Home Design Ideas – The Easiest Ways to Refresh Home Ambiance