Most people probably think that creating a set design is an easy task and don’t take long time to be done. They likely think that it is all about assembling and painting a few pieces of wood. However, the truth is that set design can not be worked out easily. So before you jump into that field in real, you must recognize the very basic steps to do that task efficiently.
- Study the play and its script in detail.
You need to know if there are any action scenes or any landscapes portrayed. The length and type of the scene to be enacted is definitely important.
- Coordinate with the director closely and discuss the play in detail.
Basically, the actors and actresses start acting without actually having any idea about how the set is going to look like. So, have a word with the director and discuss the play in detail before starting with the set up. Afterwards, the actors will be told specific movements so as to be acted according to the set.
- Make a note of all the things the set should have.
The set is supposed to be such that it brings life to the script and create the effect as intended by the director. Write down if there are any historical elements it needs to have or if it requires special effects on the stage. Choose color scheme of the set and design the style that can go along with it.
- Always catch up with the trend and tools.
As the digital world, things are different when compared to the past. At present, there are many modern tools that can make the greatest stage productions. It’s up to your budget.
Possibly Related Posts:
- The Usefulness of Wedding Websites
- Benefits of Using Banner Template
- Standard Banner Size
- Furniture Design for a Scandinavian Styled Living Room
- Bring the Family Together with Your Great Designs of Christmas Cupcakes